This is a very famous North Indian dish, which can be easily made at home. This is a perfect example of ‘taste meets health’. It can be had as a starter or used in making chicken gravies and chicken kathi rolls or chicken frankies. I happened to get my hands on the mughlai masala range from Hakim. Tried Hakim’s tandoori masala for this recipe and got good reviews. My husband and son were both raving. They felt it was as good as the restaurant one 😌 So here goes the recipe…
1 kg curry cut chicken ( we prefer the Zorabian one as it is cleaner and has chunkier pieces)
1 cup thick curd
Juice of 1 whole lemon
2 tbsp ginger-garic paste
1/2 packet Hakim’s tandoori masala
2 tsp chaat
2 tbsp crushed kasoori methi
oil for greasing tray
Please note, Hakim tandoori masala already has salt, so i have skipped it. If you are using some other brand, please add salt.
- Rinse the chicken and take it in a bowl.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, curd, lemon, tandoori masala, kasoori methi, chaat masala and mix well.
- Let it marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven closer to completion of marination time. Grease the oven tray with oil and keep ready.
- Place the marinated chicken in the oven tray. Use all the liquid part too.
- Place it in oven and let it cook at 190 c for half an hour with both, top and bottom heating on.
- After half an hour, turn it and cook for another half an hour.
- Serve hot with onions, lemon and coriander chutney.