My husband is a king of concoction. Give him any leftover food and he is sure to turn it into something delectable. We had some leftover dal from yesterday. He turned it into a tangy, sweet and spicy dish in a matter of minutes. One can use any kind of pulse or lentil for this recipe.
3 cup leftover dal
6 bread slices
3 tbsp tamarind/imli extract (if you have sweet amd spicy tamarind/imli chutney use it)
3 tbsp jaggery (omit if using sweet tamarind chutney)
3 kachoris (omit if you dont have, but it adds to the crunchiness and spice)
1 cup sev
- In a bowl take warm dal, add tamarind extract and jaggery or alternatively the imli/tamarind chutney.
- Add roughly crushed kachori and mix well.
- Take a plate. Add a layer of dal. Place bread slice over it.
- Add a layer of dal on the bread slice.Place another bread slice.
- Add another layer of dal on the bread. Place a bread slice on it.
- Add the final layer of dal.
- Spread dal on all 4 sides of the layers.
- Sprinkle sev on top and on sides.
- Serve immediately.