My Mom was coming over and I wanted to make something special for her. I decided to make tandoori paneer pizza. But I realised, I had exhausted my tandoori masala and the particular brand that I prefer was not available. So I decided to make it with the ingredients that I have in my pantry, and the outcome was absolutely delicious!!
Making pizzas do consume time, takes some effort and patience, but the end result is totally worth it. Since I started baking pizzas at home, we have stopped eating pizzas out, as the home made ones are several times yummier. We like our pizzas to be overloaded with veggies and paneer. Plus, the added advantage of having a control over the ingredients and their quality.
3 1/2 to 4 cups all purpose flour or maida
2 tsp sugar
21/4 tsp active dry yeast
3 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp olive oil plus additional 2 tbsp for greasing the bowl and pan
Quantity and variations can be as per you choice. I have used the following combination
1 medium sized zucchini cut length-wise
1 bell pepper cut length-wise
6-7 baby corn cut length-wise
1 onion cut length-wise
300 gms cubed paneer or cottage cheese, marinated with juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp pav bhaji masala and a tsp of salt for 30 mnts
6 tbsp pasta sauce
- Take milk amd water in a microwave safe bowl. Add sugar. Warm it for 30-40 seconds, till luke warm.
- Add active dry yeast, stir well and keep in a warm place for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Once the mixture has turned frothy, the yeast has activated, and it is ready for use.
- Take all purpose flour, salt, olive oil in a bowl. Add the mixture and mix well.
- Keep on kneading the flour till it comes together. Use more flour only if absolutely necessary. It will come together even without adding flour on kneading
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or wet cloth and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, punch it and divide it into 2 equal pieces.
- Flatten each piece, with hand or a rolling pin. Let the edges be thicker than its centre.
- Spread the sauce. Add all the vegetable toppings, than the marinted paneer pieces and then top with grated cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 190C and bake it for 15-20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.