This is one of the combination meal that I make often. It is highly nutritious and provides the daily dose of protein along with vitamins and minerals in one pot. It is loved by all and can be served with chapati, roti, parantha or steamed rice. Its a very good option of serving leafy veggies to kids. I also make palak paneer, the recipe for both being quite similar. You can add cream or cashew nut paste to make it creamy or also garnish it with cream.
150 gms chickpea or kabuli chana, soaked overnight, rinsed and boiled with salt
1 bunch palak or spinach blanched and pureed
2 onions ground to paste
3 tomatoes ground to paste or puree
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp chole masala or garam masala
2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Grind onion along with poppy seeds into paste. Add this to the heated oil. Let the onion paste cook till brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Grind tomatoes to a paste and add it to the onion mixture.
- Cook for few minutes. Add chole masla, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Let it cook for couple of minutes.
- Add boiled chickpeas. Cook further.
- Then add blanched and pureed spinach. Add salt.
- Cook for few minutes and switch off the stove top.
- Serve hot with rotis, paranthas or steamed rice.