The other day when we visited an Indian restaurant, I decided to order Aloo Adraki Gobi as I had never tried it before. All of us loved it, hence I had to try it at home. My version turned out to be quite close to the restaurant one, the only difference being, I decided to shallow fry veggies instead of deep frying to make it a bit healthier.
5 cup cauliflower florets
3 cup potato cut into medium sized wedges
2 finely chopped onions
2 finely chopped tomatoes
1 tbspn cumin seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chilly powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbspn ginger paste
2 inch ginger cut julienns
1 roughly choped green chilly
2 tbsp curd
Oil for shallow frying
Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- In a non stick pan heat some oil for shallow frying. Add cauliflower florets and let it fry. Once done, take it off the flame.
- Add some more oil, if required, and shallow fry potato wedges. Once done, take it off the flame.
- In the same pan add cumin seeds and green chillies. Once they splutter, add chopped onions. When onions turn translucent, add chopped tomatoes.
- Once oil starts oozing off from the sides, add ginger paste, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and coriander powder.
- Let the spices cook for couple of minutes.
- Add the shallow fried potatoes and califlower florets. Add ginger julienne, mix it well and let it cook for couple of minutes.
- Add salt, mix. Once the veggie is al almost done, add curd, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Seve hot with bread, chapati or dal rice.