This is a very simple and quick recipe if you have the coriander mint chutney ready. When we were kids, my Mom used to make it often for evening snacks. One can serve it for evening snacks or when there is a kids party at home, as it is very kid friendly and loved by all. It can be served with tomato ketchup. Though this is a deep fried version, one can make a healthier version by baking instead of frying which tastes as good. I just brush a bit of melted butter and bake in an OTG. It tastes crispy and yum…
4-5 boiled potatoes
Bread slices ( I have used whole wheat bread, but ones with white bread are easier to make)
Water ( for moistening the bread)
Oil for deep frying ( alternatively can be baked after brusing with melted butter)
- Mash boiled potato. Add coriander mint chutney ( should be thicker than the chaat version) and salt and mix well.
- Dip bread slices light in water and press it with palms to remove excess water.
- Place them on a flat surface. Take the above stuffing and place it at the centre.
- Roll the bread and press the edges so as to close them.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium flame. Once the oil is heated, add 1-2 bread rolls at a time and fry from all sides till golden.
- Once done, remove and place on an absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup.