We are not big fans of Capsicum. The only version of capsicum that we love is the chilly cheese toast and chilly cheese uttapam. There are other forms of capsicum that I make, one of them being, Bell Pepper Potato. When I came across this recipe on Indianhealthyrecipes.com, I knew it would be a instant hit… I have made a few minor changes in the recipe. For those who dont have dry coconut, can use Maharashtrian Goda Masala instead which will also give a good flavor…
3 capsicum, cut length-wise
1 1/2 cup roasted peanut
1 tbsp lightly roasted sesame seeds
12 garlic cloves
11/2-2 tbsp grated and lightly roasted dry coconut
3-4 dry red chillies
1 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
10 curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a grinder add peanut, sesame seeds, 1 tbsp cumin seeds, garlic cloves, dry coconut and red chillies and grind to a powder
- In a wok, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, remaining cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida and then add capsicum.
- Once the capsicum are half done, add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add the ground spiced mix. Cover and cook for couple of minutes and then switch off the flame. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with chapati or dal rice.