This is one of the simplest Indian quick dessert, which requires only two basic ingredients. If one has both the items in the pantry, it can be made in around 20 minutes. Addition of coarsely ground dry fruits add to the crunch and health quotient, hence we prefer it with the ground dry fruits for garnishing.
1 tin sweetened condensed milk.
300 gms paneer
1 tsp cardamom powder optional
1/2 cup coarsely ground dry fruits optional (pistachios, almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts as available)
- In a nonstick pan, take the entire contents of the sweetened condensed milk (400 gms)
- Add crumbled or grated fresh paneer. Mix well.
- Heat it on the lowest flame, while stirring it occasionally so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- The mixture will soon start becoming thicker.
- It has to be cooked till fat starts leaving the sides of the pan, approximately 15 minutes. The mixture should not be dry.
- Switch off the flame and add cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Take a greased pan and pour this mixture in it.
- Garnish with coarsely ground dry fruits.
- Allow it to come to room temp.
- Once it reaches room temp, allow it to set in the refrigerator for couple of hours.
- Cut and serve it at room temp.