This is one recipe which doubles up as an upvas or vrat snack as well as a part of the main meal menu to go along with rotis or rice. It is fairly simple and can be preared in a jiffy, hence can also go as a healthy tiffin recipe. The traditional way is to make use of equal portion of boiled potatoes and sweet potatoes, but one can make it entirely of sweet potato. It is loved by kids as well as adults alike.
1 cup boiled and cubed sweet potato
1 cup boiled and cubed potato
1/2 cup roasted and coarsely ground peanut powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1 chopped green chilly
1 tbsp ghee
Salt to taste
1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- In a pan heat ghee. Once the ghee is heated, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chilly and asafoetida.
- Once they splutter, add cubed potatoes and sweet potatoes.
- Add salt and peanut powder, stir well, cover and let it cook for five minutes with intermittent stirring.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot as a vrat snack.