This recipe can make a healthy and fillng tiffin/lunchbox or snack item. It can either be grilled or toasted. Though grilled sandwich is more convenient to serve and eat, I usually toast it so as to avoid non stick equipments. It provides all the food groups in one single dish, along with an array of coloured veggies. It does require a bit of planning if one intends to make it early in the morning, like making the green chutney and boiling potatoes and beetroot the previous day. One can also change the veggies to suit individual tastes like adding carrots and onions or skipping beetroot, though would advise against skipping beetroot as it is one of the healthiest veggie and this is the best way to make kids eat it. So here goes the recipe…
Coriander Mint chutney (Green chutney)
Boiled and sliced potatoes
Boiled and sliced beetroot
Cheese (sliced or grated)
(Optional : one can also use cumin powder, chaat masala for seasoning)
- Take three slices and lightly butter it on one side. Apply green chutney on the buttered side.
- Place sliced potatoes and beet root on the chutney side of one bread slice. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder or crushed pepper
- Cover it with another butter-chutney slice.
- On top of it, place sliced cucumber, tomatoes and capsicum.
- Sprinkle salt and crushed pepper.
- Place a slice of cheese and cover it with the third butter-chutney slice.
- Grill or Toast it on tawa after applying butter on both the exposed part of the sandwich.
- Serve hot with ketchup and green chutney.