This recipe was passed on to me by my mil. She used to cook Chinese pretty often. I am not a big fan of Sweet Corn, nor am I a fan of Chinese cuisine. But when I tasted this dish at my mil’s place, I was pretty impressed and started cooking corn this way. Had forgotten about this recipe, till I realised today that I had to use the corn cob lying in my refrigerator.
This is a very flexible recipe, and changes can be made as per individual tastes. One can add carrot or capsicum too, to make it healthier. It can be served with Rotis or Rice or can be converted into a Sandwich. We usually have it with rotis. It can also be turned into a frankie by rolling this veggie along with cheese, grated cabbage, carrot or lettuce, with a sprinkling of crushed pepper or frankie masala. Possibilities are numerous…
3 cup Sweet corn kernels
3/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp chilly paste
3 -4 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tbsp garlic paste
1/2 inch Julienne ginger optional
Salt only if required
1/2 tbsp Oil
- In a pan, heat oil. Add garlic paste and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add onions and cook till translucent.
- Add corn kernels. Cook for some time.
- Add chilly paste, soy sauce, ketchup and cook till done.
- Serve hot with Roti or use it as a filling for sandwich or frankie.