This is a traditional recipe from the state of Maharashtra. It uses ‘Goda Masala’ which gives a unique taste to the veggie. This Goda masala is made of coconut and other spices. I use either the Kpra or Bedekar brands. Both are equally good. This is a non spicy recipe
1/4 kg fresh or frozen green peas
2 chopped onions
3 -4 chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
4 tbsp goda masala
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp turmeric powder
- In a wok, heat a tbsp of oil
- Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida.
- Add chopped onions.
- When onions become translucent, add chopped tomatoes.
- When tomatoes get mushy, add green peas.
- Let the green peas cook for few minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, goda masala and salt. Mix well.
- Cover it and let it cook till green peas are done, with occassional stirring.
- Serve hot with dal rice or with rotis.